Reachout Wireless California
Reachout Wireless offers service in California. Eligible applicants will receive a free cell phone (no fees charged what so ever) and local and long distance cell phone minutes each month. California users are required to pay $2.50 for monthly service. Users can add additional cell phone and text messages for a small fee.
In order to qualify for Reachout Wireless service in California, you must be a participant of one of the following public assistance programs:
- Food Stamps
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Medicaid/ Medi-Cal
- Low Income Home energy Assistance program
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
- Woman, Infants and chidren Program (WIC)
- Healthy Families Category A
- National School Lunch’s Free Lunch Program (NSL)
- Temporary Asistance to Needy Famiies (TANF)
- California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKS)
- Stanislaus County Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (StanWORKS)
- Welfare to Work (WTW)
- Greater Avenues for Independence (GAIN)
- Tribal TANF
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
You may also qualify for Reachout Wireless in California under income based eligibility guidelines. You can qualify for Reachout Wireless if your household income is at or below the numbers listed in the table below.
|Sno.||Total Members||Total Monthly
|4||Each additional member||$5,800|
In order to qualify for California Lifeline based on household income, you will need to provide documents proving that your total household income is at or below the income maximum for your household size. Income documents include:
- Prior year’s state, federal, or tribal tax return.
- Income statements or paycheck stubs for three consecutive months within the calendar year.
- Statement of benefits from Social Security, Veterans Administration, etirement/pension, unemployment compensation, and/or workmen’s compensation.
- Divorce decree.
- Child support document.
- Other official documents.
The last two requirements for qualifying for a Reachout Wireless free government cell phone is that only one Lifeline Assistance phone is allowed per household. So if you or a household member currently subscribe to Assurance Wireless, Reachout Wireless, Safelink Wireless, or Lifeline Assistance land line, you will not qualify for a free Reachout Wireless cell phone.
The last requirement to obtain a free government cell phone Reachout Wireless is that you must apply from a valid US mailing address. No post office box may be used in your application form. Unfortunately, homeless people will have difficulty meeting this requirement. We advise homeless people to contact Reachout Wireless to see if there is any other way in which they can meet home residence requirement.
You can apply to Reachout Wireless by visiting their website and filling out an application. Their contact information is as follows:
Nexus Communications, Inc.
P.O. Box 247168
Columbus, OH 43224
Enrollment Support: 1-877-870-9444
Technical Support: 1-888-820-6587
Customer Service: 1-877-870-9222